Student CouncilThe purpose of the Cartersville Elementary Student Council is to instill a sense of pride in our school and our community. Cartersville Elementary Student Council consists of one student representative from each homeroom class. Our motto is Exceeding Expectations Now and in the Future.
Each year the student council will pick at least one Community Service Project and one Fundraising Project for our school. The council will strive to make a difference at Cartersville Elementary. Students are taught parliamentary procedure and learn they are representing their classes, not themselves. Students also learn cooperation, dependability, and most of all, responsibility. Last year, Cartersville Elementary Student Council raised $3,000 for the Pennies for Patients fundraiser (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society).
The five expectations of student council members are:
- Talk to classmates and friends about activities they’re interested in.
- Bring those ideas to meetings.
- Work together as a team to plan activities.
- Spread the Canes’ spirit.
- Help with our school wide recycling program in conjuction with the Keep Bartow Beautiful inciative. Students are responsible for informing their classmates about the program and emptying their classroom recycling container each Friday.