Welcome to Cartersville City Schools
Home of the Purple Hurricanes!
We are happy you plan to register with our district. Cartersville City Schools has a long tradition of excellence in education. The success of our school district over the years is founded on the commitment and dedication given to our students by a strong network of support found in our teachers, administrators, support staff, school board members, and parents. We take our mission seriously, and we continually strive to inspire all students to build the skills and confidence to find their passions and achieve their goals. Welcome to Cartersville City Schools; let's begin building your child's legacy today. Go Canes!
Location and Times
Central Registration is located at the Canes Navigation Center, 35 Nelson Street, Cartersville, GA 30120
Hours: 8 a.m to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
770-382-5880 ext. 4700
Steps to completing the registration process
- Gather required documents listed below.
- Complete an online PDF (Student Registration Form).
- Schedule and attend an appointment with central registration by calling 770-382-5880 ext. 4700.
Gather the required documents to register your child/children
- Records from previous school including the following:
- withdrawal form
- latest report card and IEP if applicable
- schedule and attend an appointment with central registration by calling 770-382-5880 ext. 4700
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security card or signed waiver
- Georgia Department of Health Form 3231 - Certificate of Immunization (must be on the Georgia Form and completed by a Georgia doctor or Georgia health department) OR Georgia Department of Health Form 3300 - Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (must be on the Georgia Form and completed by a Georgia doctor or Georgia health department) NOTE: All four sections must be completed for it to be accepted. OR Notarized Georgia Department of Health Form 2208 - Affidavit of Religious Objection to Immunization
- Parent state-issued picture ID
- Two valid proofs of city residence (Deed, rental agreement, city utility, hotel/shelter receipt/letter or home ownership paperwork.) Note if you are living with someone else, you must submit an affidavit of residency, plus two (2) printed forms of proof of residency in that person’s name.
Following registration process
After the registration process is completed, you will receive communication from your child’s school registrar.
770-382-5880 ext. 4700